Friday, July 15, 2016

Vinegar with Sweet Originality

Hello, everyone I'm so excited #saveourcozies starts in a couple of hours. So what better way to get in the book mood, with book review😀 I was kindly sent VINEGAR GIRL ANNE TYLER from Blogging for Books for an exchange for a honest review. Thank You Blogging for books. I gave this book 3.5stars out of 5. After the cozy read athon is over go pick up this book.

http://www.bloggingforbooks.com/




Vinegar Girl by Anne Tyler is a re-imagining of the Taming of the Shrew in modern times. Kate is stuck taking care of her father’s household, a scientist relegated to the corners of academia, on the verge of a breakthrough, who relies on his brilliant lab assistant Pyotr. Kate works at a preschool during the day and in the evenings tends to the garden as well as making sure her younger sister is studying at least somewhat instead of just mooning over the neighbor boy.

When Pyotr is slated to be deported (visa expiration), her father suggests the unthinkable in this day and age – marriage – to keep him here. The two men try to win her over and Kate ultimately ties the knot, as we know she would. And now the fun really begins.
I've heard other people say it wasn't true to Shakespeare, although I agree that's what I like about it. I've always liked Anne Tyler so this book doesn't disappoint. I found it refreshing that she made it her own. I usually don't like retellings because for me the stories feel rehashed and if I wanted exactly like Shakespeare, I should just read Shakespeare. There's a few author who get a retelling right and Anne Tyler is one of them, way to tell a story Ms.Tyler👏 I enjoyed this read and would and will recommend to others.



Until Next Time,
Angie
aferretsnoveltale@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment